Thursday, December 17, 2009

Posted by xCHIPxSEM | File under : , , ,
Strongarm is the one Christian hardcore band that, if you ask anyone who digs 90s hardcore, they seem to like regardless of lyrical content or beliefs (as well as Focal Point). Growing up in South Florida, Strongarm never seemed too preachy when they played. Sure they said a thing here and there but they never held prayer circles or anything (at least not that I can remember). They basically got on stage and said "We're Strongarm, this is what we believe, if you don't its cool". I had never seen this video before but the recording of the song I believe is from the 7 inch that Tooth and Nail released. The song was re-recorded and released on their debut full length "Atonement", my favorite record from them. Though the music and recording on "The Advent of a Miracle" is much better, Jason's vocals always appealed to me more than Chris's (sorry Chris). Either way, heres the video for "Trials" by Strongarm.


10 comments:

Jason Calleiro said...

a little note for you chip that im not sure you knew.. Bob who played guitar(seen in video) for a bit while nick was out of the band also played in ambugalard.

xCHIPxSEM said...

Thanks Jason...I was saying while I was watching it "Thats not Nick"

LisaCase said...

It is Bob Franquiz. Bob is now a preacher in Miami.

Gabe said...

i remember first hearing/seeing this video on G-Rock at like 2am. This song is awesome and in my opinion of one the better songs on that album.

Joshua Michaels said...

god i love strongarm. i honestly prefer their "advent of a miracle" record, i still listen to it constantly. wasn't too happy about jason, singer on this record and in this video, doing a almost strongarm reunion with dudes from life in your way, when the other guys from strongarm asked him not to. check out www.myspace.com/killingyears for fans of strongarm (advent.. era) and old shai hulud. music up soon. also, if you're a fan of other good christian hardcore, check out cxhxcrecords.blogspot.com.

Carter said...

This is rad. I didn't know this existed.

BTW, I wasn't aware that anyone preferred Advent of a Miracle over Atonement.

It takes all types, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

I did a show in my Jam room in '96 w/Strongarm, and Shai Hulud (1st tour w/ Chad singing in Vancouver). Both bands were awesome live, and super nice guys as well. There's a clip of Shai Hulud from that show on You Tube.

xJKx

Jeff J Jawk said...

"Strongarm is the one Christian hardcore band that, if you ask anyone who digs 90s hardcore, they seem to like regardless of lyrical content or beliefs (as well as Focal Point)."

WRONG-
DO NOT WANT.

You knew I had to say something.

xCHIPxSEM said...

Ehhh it was just a generalization Jeff. I didnt mean everyone...you know what I mean ;)

rp said...

Ha, didnt know this was ever made. Thanks for posting.