Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Posted by xCHIPxSEM | File under : , , ,

Slavearc were from the UK and played vegan metal...honestly, thats the best way I can think of to describe it. Heavy and chugging in that Syracuse vein (think Green Rage or Soulstice) as well as fast Day of Suffering parts and loads vegan justice lyrics. I got a physical copy of this just recently (thanks Shane) and did a nice high quality VBR rip. There had been a few rips going around which seemed to be no higher than 192 kbps so now we have a high quality version. This was a split release by xCleansed Through Firex Records and Screams of Salvation Records, both based out of the UK. I also scanned the back tray card and the back cover. So let's make a check here...90s biblical imagery? Check. Big vegan banner on the back? Check. X'ed up band members? Check. I love the 90s...I have their second record as MP3s but I have been unable to find a good rip so when I get a physical copy, Ill rip it and have it posted. You can also download their demo from Henrik's blog, Bring Honor Or Walk Away, as well as loads of other 90s hardcore demos.

Slavearc - Vanquish

http://www.mediafire.com/?tywj4vdzhmn

12 comments:

vJGv said...

Thanks a lot !

thuglifebaldwin said...

still awesome!


members went on to koreisch, whos lp you can download on my blog.


anyways ive been looking for this one for a while!

Anonymous said...

"So let's make a check here...90s biblical imagery? Check. Big vegan banner on the back? Check. X'ed up band members? Check."

Most of the band selling out & making their militant posturing seem even more ridiculous? Check.

AJ said...

Your blog is fucking awesome thuglifebaldwin. I just linked it up to pathtomisery.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this, Ive been trying to get hold of the original for quite some time, but I high qualoty rip is the next best thing.
Im going to be doing a feature on my blog soon about UK hardcore, Ill be posting the full withdrawn/evanesce discography.
curcialwires.blackoffice.org

Anonymous said...

Actually, mate, most of the band never sold out! From the first mini cd lineup, 3 members of the band are still vegan sxe, the singer sold out but is veggie drug free and the guitarist did sell out. Now, the 1st CD was recorded in 97", name me any other band apart from EC who still have that many members still true? Exactly!

xyosefx said...

Love this band. One of the best xvx bands of the '90s I have both CDs, the comp they were on and the demo, as well as all the related stuff (Koreisch CD, Withdrawn demo & both CDs, Perversion of Idolatry demo, etc.) as well as a ton of zine interviews. Fucking rad.

Unknown said...

I think I have a copy of the other Slavearc cd gathering dust somewhere. I'd happily send it to you.

Unknown said...

i was in the band inbetween the two cds briefly as second guitarist. i stopped identifying myself as straightedge not long after being in the band but was drug free for approximatly ten years. I did end up 'selling out' though. Slavearc were a very notorious band back in the day, especially since some of the members were hardline and the slavearc lyrics were very hardlineesque. All members were prolife too which was a source of controversy.

Sombrero_man said...

I always get this chapter/CIC vibe from them.

I've never actually heard Withdrawn,

Members went onto be in the kevsol too.

Speaking of This decaying schizophrenic... Terrifying record, complete fucking nihilism. Amazing to think the vocalist from in the clear is the drummer hah.

Anonymous said...

The drummer from koreisch was the drummer from in the clear, not the singer. He was american and I believe he got arrested for ALF related activities. Think he smashed a load of computer screens in Barclays banks who were supporting Huntingdon Life Sciences and ended up back in America. That Koreisch Cd is one of the best things ever recorded though.

Anonymous said...

FOSTER IS STILL VEGAN AND DRUG FREE
HE DOES NOT DO MUSIC ANYMORE AND BECAME AN ARTIST AND FOLLOWS HIS BELOVED SHEFFIELD UNITED I HEARD HE WAS INVOLVED IN FOOTBALL HOOLIGANISM