Friday, October 14, 2011

Posted by Anonymous |



Here we have a video of newly signed Mercury Records' recording artists The Gaslight Anthem covering the former Revelation Records' recording artists Farside song "I Hope You're Unhappy". Now, major label bands covering songs by indie label bands (even hardcore bands) is, of course, nothing new. However, I felt that this particular case warranted a post due to the fact that Farside are from my beloved hometown of Orange County, California and singer/guitarist Popeye has been a good friend to my brother and me for 20 years this year. Oh yeah, almost forgot the best part - it's another middle finger to the "nobody cares about '90s hardcore" naysayers. Yes they do, assholes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

woooooowwww!! This brings back memories - great find man. I wonder if I still have that Farside tape in storage somewhere....